Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Wag the dog


All of my little red dogginess is important to me but this is one of my best parts because I can talk with it. The rest of me is currently under the table but you can still tell how I am doing by watching my tail. It can wag and it can curve gracefully upward, both good signs. Or it can droop or curve frighteningly under, both bad signs. It can bristle and stand straight out and then someone is in big trouble.

What I like is going about my business and noticing that my tail is wagging - then I know I am just plain having a good day even if nothing special is going on. Maybe I just caught a wonderful smell in the grass, or chased an Ollie down the hall. Maybe I plopped down on Pico for a pillow or maybe a Person smiled at me as I trotted by. There are a lot of little things that set my tail in motion and it doesn't matter what they are. All that matters is that they happen!

No comments: