Sunday, November 11, 2007

Hurrah for me!



It's my anniversary of being adopted! My new family has been lucky to have me for two years now. Maybe I am a little lucky also, though living with three Siamese cats and a parrot and a parakeet is a little Weird.

My Person made sure that I was feted today and my Auntie gave me a neckerchief to wear until I lost it running like a Mad Thing through a swamp, hunting swamp creatures and playing with a Puggle (don't laugh, they can't help what they are). Then we went to a coffee shop and strangers fed me dog biscuits and said I was cute. Who can blame them?

The weather was perfect and the leaves crunched beneath my fast flying feet and I ate SO many treats that people downwind of me thought I had a few TOO many. It was a great day and I will finish my celebrations with a few runs around the back yard in the dark and a big nap on the couch before bedtime. Hurrah for my life!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy End-of-Birthday, Finn!
It was a great day and you're a great little doglet.
I love how you take all the praise and adoration with equanimity, it never goes to your head.

That nice man at the coffee shop, the first one to stop by, was right when he said dogs are different than cats, and he seemed to think dogs were better.

I can't possibly comment on that (Toby is watching me) but you are a wonderful ball of energy and I'm glad I'm on the periphery of your world.
All the best,
veecee

Patty of the 3 Cats said...

Hi, Finnegan,
Happy belated adoption day! You may not remember this very well because it was a big day for you, but I was with your Person when the two of you found each other. You were both SO happy! You took a ride in a little red car and your Person bought you a hamburger at McDonald's. Even though you have to put up with Siamese, I think things turned out pretty well for you and your Person.

Patty