Friday, November 9, 2007

Patience


Every day I spend a certain amount of time waiting: for my Person to open the door, for the cats to forget about me so I can surprise them, for a squirrel to sneak into the yard when I am on patrol. I wait to go on walks, watching carefully for the time my Person puts on her shoes, a sure sign of going outside. And then there is that thing I love above all and that I have to wait for - my meal! Either I deserve a medal or a sympathy card. I don't know which but here I go. Waiting!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You deserve a medal, Finn. You dog guys are a really patient species and I don't quite know why. You could be more like your cat brothers and just demand what you want, when you want it!

Think of what Milan Kundera wrote:

"Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace."

Next glorious afternoon, please have your Person drop you over at my house and we will go sit on a hillside.
Cheers,
veecee