Saturday, November 3, 2007

Friends and meetings



Do you ever spend the day thinking about what you would like to do more than actually doing it? My day was headed that way. My person seemed to be preoccupied with things other than a certain red dog and I spent too much time looking out when I should have been out.

Finally, when the sun had begun to lose its glow and the day was quieting down I donned my harness and leash and off we went. But as it turned out, and so often does when you are a little off schedule, we ran into someone we would have missed otherwise. And so I got to walk with my friend the sheltie. Shelties are quite nice if ridiculously furred.

There were enough squirrels for both of us to bark at and things to smell hidden deep in the drifts of leaves. Our People chatted and I was able to romp and charge with abandon, as far as that leash would let me. Compared to the stately sheltie I am a Wild Thing and it was fun to show off my untamed side.

All that dodging about has worked up a wild appetite and I had better go dance around the dinner dish before my Person forgets about me again.

No comments: