Monday, November 12, 2007

Family


It was a still and beautiful day today, the day after My day. The sky was pale blue and the Mississippi River near my home stretched like a broad sheet of glass, reflecting the sky and the bluffs and the trees, everything the same but just a shade lighter. Though I spent quite awhile on my own during the day, I still had a good walk and enjoyed digging for moles along my favorite walking path.

The peaceful weather so assuaged my native ambiguity about my half-brothers that I even played a bit with them. But I swear, they just are not normal. Would dogs do this? All this cuddling business is embarrassing. You know the saying about not being to able to choose family? Well, I guess we all chose each in this case but I think they got the better end of the deal. They got me!

No comments: