Monday, March 31, 2008

We are Siamese if you please


Well, I don't please! Can you believe what I am cooped up with today?

The only retreat is outdoors, and I did go out for a romp but I got hit in the head with slush balls falling out of the trees. I got more soaked than I have since the last time I had a bath and that was so long ago my memory of it is a bit hazy. Acutely terrifying but hazy.

I like snow but the slop falling out of the sky today was not quite snow. It didn't please me any more than those Siamese do. As a matter of fact I am just a bit of a testy little red dog. I didn't get to use up my energy allotment for the day and I don't know what to do with the rest of it. I can't save it for tomorrow. I am not a global warming culprit - I am supposed to be using lots of energy, running at all hours and rarely powered down.

I could rest on my nice mattress but Guess Who and his brother Guess Who Else are all over it like two cheap suits. So I will mope, alone, in the dark, on the couch. Maybe Someone will take the hint and give those two bookends the boot but she seems particularly preoccupied. Or unobservant. Maybe a slush ball hit her head a little too hard.

I'm just hoping tomorrow is an improvement.

No comments: