Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Doors



One of the highlights of my day, in fact of my life, is going through doors. If you go through a door something interesting may be on the other side. Someone interesting may be there as well. It might mean you are leaving one impossibly dull environment, full of worthless, sleeping cats and boring, working Persons and entering a world of adventure.

This is me waiting to go through the door of the studio. I love it in there. Sometimes going into the studio means going right through into the garage (through a door) and into the car (through another door if you are catching on here) and then out into the world. Endless possibilities - dog parks, friends, trips to stores that specialize in dog treats, you name it. Fun is out there waiting. Through a door.

Or maybe going through the studio door just means going into the studio and staying. That's fine with me too. My favorite chair is there. Or I can watch the squirrels in the driveway, normally hidden to me. I can watch the whole neighborhood come and go - always something worth barking at about to happen.

Today the young artists came to see me in the studio to hear my advice about painting. They are coming along very well and I can tell I am an inspiration to them. Art is like a door to adventure, and when the young artists come over we all walk through that door together.

No comments: