Saturday, March 1, 2008

Dim and dimmer


Today my Person has a big bee in her bonnet. She went to a Audubon Global Warming conference and came home pretty heated up herself. One scientist showed a depiction of what the country could look like by the end of the century if we all carry on on our merry and current way. Let me just say that real estate development in Florida is going to slow way down (unless you like living under water).

So, we all have to do what we can to save Florida and the rest of the planet. After all, Florida is where my Best Friend lives! He's a good swimmer but he isn't quite pelagic. He's more of a land creature, like me! Florida, and in fact the entire eastern seaboard, is going to be pretty short on land and pretty long on rising damp, right up over the tree tops.

What's the first step in this household? We have the high gas mileage dinky car thing covered - I can almost reach the gas pedal without tying blocks to my feet. Not that I am ever allowed to drive. And it is so cold inside here we do lots of huddling under blankets. All the standby devices are now being turned off at night - except my warning bark.

And my Person is swapping out all the light bulbs for compact fluorescent. Some people think they are a little dim. But let me tell you there are more dim bulbs around here than in the light fixtures. Here's a really dim bulb right next to me. Do you think if I gave him a good pounce it would brighten up my evening?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Finn:
That picture of you giving Pico the
wary eye is just classic!

Love your "Bomb's away!" approach to
riverside walks, too.
Keep it up,
Veecee