Friday, February 29, 2008

Explosive


Looks like I am a tired little red dog, huh? You would be too if you had done what I have. I just caused three avalanches in one hour. Count 'em, three!

You might be wondering how someone as small (though powerfully built) as me could cause avalanches. I will tell you! While my Person walks sedately along the river trail, I tear up the steep and very tall sides of the river gorge like a flash, through deep and unstable snow, and when I get to the top I bomb down as fast as I can. I am absolutely heedless. I don't pick a path, or step carefully, worry about hidden holes or fallen trees. I just sail back down, flying in a cloud of rolling snow. When the my Person straightens up and stops clutching her hat (she is SUCH a worry wart) and the snowballs stop rumbling I do it again. It is fantastic. I could get a job triggering mini-avalanches to prevent big avalanches in Colorado. They could call me Dynamite!

Right now I think I need a new fuse.

No comments: