Sunday, February 24, 2008

Spring break


My goodness I could almost run around without my coat on, except that it is attached to me. What a wonderful thing warm sunshine is.

The temperature crawled above the freezing mark and my Person was not the only one who decided their dog needed some romping. I ran around the busy park and swiped some other dogs' sticks and balls (well, if you are going to have toys in public you have to expect the public to play with them). I found a muskrat house and decorated it with some yellow snow. I barked at a beagle and ran away when it bayed at me. And I refrained from laughing when my Person tripped over a snow-covered root and ended up face first in the snow. What an oaf!

The birds were singing like it was spring already, and the snow got so warm it was melty. When the sun goes back down it will be too slippery for much running. But that is okay because I wore myself out and will be sawing logs by then. I was so tired from running my tongue wouldn't stay in my mouth but flopped out the side. Good thing I didn't trip over it or my Person wouldn't have been the only one face down in the snow today.

No comments: