Friday, February 15, 2008

Cupid's arrow

Was it a shot by love's arrow that made me feel so funny yesterday? All kind of whoozy and dopey, like my Person seems most of the time? Was it the heady scent of flowers from the huge bouquet that arrived mysteriously by a delivery person? (Don't worry, I got my own back and barked at him until he took off in his truck.)

Just say no to all those silly suggestions. I was made ill by the shots I suffered at the vet. I spent the evening of Valentine's Day glumly huddled on the couch. I didn't beg for chicken curry and aromatic rice which was the feast du jour. I didn't clobber my Valentine buddy Adric. I didn't squash my other Valentine buddies Ollie and Pico. I didn't have much energy for fun at all. Others carried on without a whit of concern for me.

Today I woke up in fine form and harried the cats, gobbled my breakfast, tripped my Person, snuggled my Best Friend and ran like a crazy coyote through the dog park. I have my full appetite back so I hope my Person hasn't developed some one-day-too-late worry about me and offers only me broth for dinner. I am hoping she hands over all those chocolate hearts that suddenly appeared. This red dog is ready for love!

No comments: