Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Logged on

I am an educated dog. I've been through four levels of training. And I still can't understand what my Person does all day. Why she sits for hours, moving one hand around, muttering and scratching her head, is a puzzlement.

Today I spent several hours on the back step sleeping in the spring sun. There was room for her on the next step (well, part of her would have fit) but was she there? No, she was in front of this screen muttering and scratching her head.

Later I was snoozing and stretching out on the couch. There would have been room for her there if I had cared to shove over but was she interested? No, she was still sitting in front of this screen moving that mouse around some more and muttering and scratching her head.

I wonder if I can get some sort of help for her - there is so much important going on like mud getting warm again, and doves landing in the bird bath with their pink toes stretched out, and a merlin flying fast over the trees and last year's plants straightening up a bit and leaning toward the sun and blades of grass turning green. She's missing it! She thinks she is connected but from a little red dog perspective she is as disconnected as can be!

No comments: