Sunday, March 30, 2008

Tuckered


Gosh, I need to rest up. It hasn't been so much action that has gotten to me as a lot of people stuff going on. You know the social whirl can wear a little red dog out!

I have been visited by my human grandparents and cousins and uncle and aunts and my sheltie cousin. I have acted the gracious host for days on end: I have let the sheltie play with my belongings (under close supervision of course, you can't trust anything with a head that narrow), kept the cousins happy with my perfect dog routine, and showed the sheltie up by using comparatively good sense on a walk (smart dogs don't chase cars!). I sat on my grandfather's lap and kept him calm, and made soft eyes at everyone else to make them feel appreciated. I scared the bejeezus out of my girl cousin with my runaway dog trick while off leash, and kept her and her brother company in the art studio, always inspiring them with my shining enthusiasm for art and squirrel-watching out of the studio windows.

Today the relatives left and I finally got a little outdoor, countryside action with my Person and aunt veecee. We saw a big mother owl with little fuzzy young owls, birds of blue and rust and brown and black. We saw ducks and geese and vultures. We saw flying insects. We saw the proof that spring is coming.

Pretty soon when we look outside we will see a snow storm. The weather here is more mercurial than I am.

The fresh air took its toll on one who had been so busy seeing to the needs of other. I am a bit tuckered and I think I need a little rest.

No comments: