Monday, January 14, 2008

Solar energy


This is a true midwestern household. There is one topic that is always being mulled over. Politics, literature, ethics? Blown away completely by the weather! If you lived in a place where you could freeze solid filling the bird feeders you'd think about the weather a lot also.

I have grown all the extra fur I can manage for this season and as long as I am in motion I do pretty well outside. My Person isn't so lucky. She wears something called layers and the more layers she takes on the slower she walks when she gets outside. And the slower she is the colder she gets. I think she could cut down on some layers and I bet she'd do better in the speed department.

Until is is time for the cold slow walk or the fast warm walk I am going to nap in the sun and store up some solar heat. If the winter sun can't warm your feet it can at least warm your spirit.

No comments: