Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Remains of the meal


I often have to be a very self-sufficient little red dog around here. Today I am trying to get by with my own meal preparation. Pickings are slim. The chocolate supply is locked up and the cookies and other goodies are all gone. My pal Adric is asleep so I can't expect any bounty to plunge my way from the counter top.

And so I gnaw an old bone I found under the couch. Remains of more plentiful days.

The problem is my Person is going out to eat at a Char House. I am very confused by this. I thought she went out to restaurants that served things she didn't make at home. But she is an ace char-er. She chars toast, and she chars toasted sandwiches. She chars oatmeal and she chars spaghetti sauce. She chars rice and chicken and homemade dog food and almost anything that is not eaten raw or in a frozen state. She has an absolute gift for charring, so why is she going out to eat at a Char House?

For once I won't be interested in what is in the doggie bag. And I hope she feeds me supper before she goes because I hate to think what cooking tips she'll be picking up tonight at the restaurant.

No comments: