Thursday, January 17, 2008

A parable


Once upon a time I went for a walk in the snow. All around me was whiteness and grayness. A few of dulled leaves left over from last year had finally fallen to the ground and frozen in place. The sky was dark gray and the river was darker gray. Then I saw something bright.

I found a lime green ball, all by itself in the middle of a snowy field. There was no one else near it. Had it been left for me?

I pounced on it and threw it in the air. I kicked it along the ground and ran to catch up with it. I bit it and carried it and I played until I was warm from my little black nose to my little white tail tip.

Then I left the lime green alone and bright in the middle of the snowy field. I don't know if it is still there or if another dog out for a walk got to play with it. I wasn't looking for it when I found it and I didn't know what would happen to it when I let it go again. But I am glad I had the chance to play with it for awhile.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Finn-you are so totally Zen. And cool!
veecee