Thursday, January 3, 2008

A happy holiday




Too busy to write is what I have been. Even though my everyday life can be pretty exciting, it is hard to beat the wild wonder of pretending you are a wolf. Or the exhilaration of learning to snowshoe in deep powder (hint: this is most easily done by simply standing on the back of the snowshoe of the Person walking in front of you). I also worked in some good deeds in the past few days, like spending a night on my own with my human grandparents and giving them some company.

My Best Friend was visiting me and we had some mighty beautiful walks and I never flinched at the arctic cold though my Friend sure did. (I proved northerners are a superiorly tough breed). Best of all I went on a bit of a chocolate binge. In the last couple of weeks I have eaten 1/2 pound of cocoa, over 3 dozen chocolate cookies and an entire box of handmade chocolate candies.

My harness is a little tight lately but I think that is the result of the new muscles I grew porpoising through deep snow in the far northern woods, yodeling for deer. (I am amazed none of them came out to see me but rather ran far and fast in the opposite direction.) I have heard I will be having less chocolate in the future. My Person says she is banning it from the household because of the tight harness thing. But I am undaunted. I saw where she stowed that triple stack of boxes of dark chocolate. All I need is a ladder and a little help from my friend Adric.

No comments: