Sunday, December 16, 2007

'Til you drop

Can you believe it? I spent most of my lovely day off (like all of them are) shopping! Little did I know what was going to happen when I was invited along in the car.

I love car rides and they often mean Adventures. But I do not know of a single adventure that involves yarn, and certainly not books or even gloves. I am a little red dog and my adventures involve my nose and my feet. Whatever can one do with yarn?

We started a round of stops and at first I did what any polite passenger does when the Driver runs into a store, promising as usual "I will be right back!" You move over and keep their seat warm! The number of stops grew higher and that be-right-back promise seemed shy of truthfulness. So I decided to withhold the seat warming niceties and stay on my side and work on keeping my own seat warm instead. I worked up a pretty chilly glare to to give my Person as well.

Finally she wore out and we stopped for a refreshment. I scored half a pumpkin bar and once again learned the value of being the object of guilt.

At last this hellish trip ended and I got out for a woodsy walk as the sky turned the color of the pumpkin bar I had eaten and the snow glowed in the last light. My nose and feet were happily at work - nothing needed from some store. This was more like my idea of Adventure!

No comments: