Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Ready and waiting

At the ready is this little red dog. Unfortunately being prepared doesn't mean anything happens. Still I await. Maybe for a Person who will throw my lovely but now beakless loon toy about for me, maybe a vicious mail carrier attacking the mailbox, maybe for a Siamese cat to roll on the ground at my feet. Maybe for an early dinner.

My Person is waiting for the temperature to climb above freezing. And we were both waiting for some sunshine and we were prepared, and we got it. This may not be cause and effect. Cause and effect is when I pounce on Ollie and he squeals and pats me on the head with his claws. Cause and effect is when I press my nose on a leg and the back door soon opens. Cause and effect is curling up in an ball on the couch and then being asleep. Maybe all my waiting will cause an effect in my dinner dish.

No comments: