Saturday, March 28, 2009

Sharing again


It has been a long cold week. Rivers are rising in many places as the spring moves forward in a series of wintry stalls and open water ices over and then melts again. My favorite riparian dog park is almost completely flooded - where dogs so recently were leaping and chasing, ducks are now paddling. I guess we dogs are sharing our park with others, but we don't have much choice.

It is good weather to go for a run and then head inside. My frenemy Tasha's couch spot has been taken over by my buddy Pico. If I get too close he makes a funny sound like he's losing air, so I stay as far to one side as I can. But it is nice having someone to share with.

Speaking of sharing, my Person has been busy baking her favorite no-knead bread and she shared it with me a couple days ago. If it is on the counter and she's off somewhere and wasn't polite enough to include me, then I figure all is fair game. So off to bed I trotted with my prize and spent a glorious afternoon munching and dozing under the covers. I was happy and my Person got an unexpected opportunity to share.

Isn't that the stuff that gives life meaning?

No comments: