Tuesday, March 10, 2009

In praise of short hair


Do I look a little damp? I should be. My Person decided, with her unerring sense of timing, that it was just right for a walk for me and my frenemy Tasha, well ahead of predicted sleet. Ha! Here I am an hour later, damp and slightly disgruntled and trying to forget the feel of ice pellets banging on my little red head.

But you should see Tasha! Being plumy may lend a certain charming and girlish appearance (as if I care) but imagine having five-inch belly fur, crusted with ice and clotted with mud and hanging all damp and bedraggled. Yuck! Needless to say she is sequestered in a highly absorbent environment for a while until she dries out. I maybe look a little wet but I came out of it better than she did!

My Person must realize the advantage of my hair style since she just had her scrambled and Tasha-like hair chopped off. I think maybe she took a picture of me with her to the stylist, not having found more practical or attractive styles in a fashion magazine. I won't tell her but the look is more successful on me. Maybe if she had furry ears...

No comments: