Sunday, March 22, 2009

Blowing out the cobwebs


Ah-ha! To run on dirt and grass instead of snow is a springtime pleasure...even though the grass is still looking pretty dead. My Person and my Auntie Val and I had a big hike today in the high wind and milky sun and I got to lead the way. I followed a deer trail along a creek and got us lost and then I got us unlost. I am a pretty good tracker but I am better at finding where moles and voles are than where the trail went.

It was a good airing out though and we all needed it.

The house needed some airing out too. The Barking Furball has gone home and though she was glad to be shut of us she left some bits and pieces behind. Tasha lives up to the Furball part of her name even more than the Barking part. If Tasha were musical and had bad taste, she could be a one dog hair band.

In the Olympics of Housekeeping my Person would score a solid 4.4: okay start and very bad follow-through. But when I start sneezing up cat fur and the cat brothers start complaining about the dog fur on their feet it is time to vacuum. So my Person hauled out the air sucking monster and the last of Tasha disappeared. Now if I want to see a little Tasha I will have to go to the dog park instead of looking between Adric's toes.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well, Finnegan, you only had 2 weeks of Tasha fur. I have had almost 4 YEARS! I hope now you can appreciate how good your life is without her.

P.S. Tasha had a really good time with you at the park today.