Saturday, January 3, 2009

New and lightly used


As I suspected, the new year crept in without me hearing and I didn't bark the old one out the door. In fact I was at a private party but I had faded a bit, perhaps was even snoozing lightly, when the great moment came.

And as I also suspected, no resolutions were in order and things have been going pretty well so far: plenty of 2008-model squirrels left to chase, dog parks to play in full of dogs to bark at, treats from store owners. I even was allowed to go inside a pizza parlor with my Person while my Best Friend ordered our dinner to go.

2008 presented me with new challenges and learning opportunities: modeling, trying out for a play, staying overnight with my human grandparents, snowshoeing up north where the wolves live. I had trips and visits and learned to play off-leash without running away from my Person forever. I grew a winter coat and then dropped it over time and over the couch and now I am growing a new one. I had holiday meals with new friends including a lovely woman with Alzheimer's who found my soft ears a comfort to pet. Plus she fed me a huge amount of turkey under the table. I survived an almost endless bout of giardia but I kept my sunny side (that's the red side) up most of the time.

What a life I have. I have a couple of new 2009 toys to chew and my cat brothers are as sleepy and round and easy to catch as ever. And now it is time to add a little taste of pizza to my 2009 experience!!

No comments: