Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Hunting instinct


Once upon a time, long ago, there was a little red wolf. He was my ancestor. He had brown eyes and soft ears and a black, wet, cold nose and he liked to hunt.

Leap forward a few generations and several thousand years and you come to me. My ears tip down and I am a bit shorter than my wolfy forebear and I spend more time couch surfing than deer stalking. But I am still a hunter. Here is one of my latest trophies.

I caught tree! It was on the small side itself, and it was already lying down, but it was a battle of titans and I bit it all over its little branches until it surrendered. But being a modern hunter I practice catch and release. So I left the little tree reclining on the frozen shore and it made no move to get up or hide from further attack and you can go see it yourself if you feel like hunting.

No comments: