Thursday, January 15, 2009

13 below and falling


It is a brisk out today. Fresh. Chilly maybe. The snow is over my keel and the air freezes the inside of my nice, wet nose and when I run through the drifts the hairs of my chinny-chin freeze and soon I am wearing a little ice beard which makes me look wise but cold.

You have to prepare a bit before you go outside in this weather. My Person puts on layer after layer of clothes. I go from deep snooze to ready to play a lot faster than she does and I prepare for the icy blast by running in place by the door, jumping, whining and then wildly hurtling around the room when my Person puts on her outermost layer. If you grabbed her scarf and pulled, she'd spin like a top and that would be fun for you but she'd probably fall down on the ice that is hiding under all that cold snow.

The birds look extra cold today with fluffed out feathers, often hopping on one foot to keep the other foot warm inside their feathery coats. And even though I love the snow it is good to have a warm place to curl up when the fun is over and I have such a spot and I am headed there now.

No comments: