Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Lucky


I am taking a moment to reflect. (Actually I was napping.)

But now that I am awake it is good to reflect. It is almost Thanksgiving and my Best Friend is visiting me and I have been invited to at least one holiday meal (though rumor is I am banned from another). The sun shines every few days and the river still hasn't frozen up so there is still outdoor swimming for intrepid red dogs. These all go into the category of things I am thankful for.

Also in that category: new liver treats, kicking up my white heels walking in the oak leaf drifts, chasing squirrels, going to the dogpark with Tasha and her Bark, riding in the car and sleeping on the couch.

It would seem that I am thankful for companionship, adventure and purpose (and food). And I am lucky to have all of those things. And that is why my full name is Lucky Finnegan!

No comments: