Sunday, November 8, 2009

Artless


Being a companion animal to my Person isn't easy. I spend a lot of time sitting on my heels waiting for something interesting to happen.

And even then, my Person's idea of interesting is not really very interesting to a little red dog. Reading is not interesting to me. One would be better off asleep and in fact when reading is going on you can count on my having a snooze.

Painting is not very interesting either except for when my Person is eating and painting at the same time and I end up with most of her snack because she drops it when she switches paint brushes.

Being told it is super supper time and then having to wait while my Person dithers around making her own supper or just plain forgets about me and goes back to painting instead is really not interesting.

I am trying all my best heart string plucking plaintive expressions. Do I hear the sounds of kibble in my dish? No, just the swirl of turpentine and clatter of brushes. Maybe I need to brush up on the art of making myself more interesting!

No comments: