Friday, April 18, 2008

Working stiff


This is what a little red dog looks like on vacation. I am not on one - quite the opposite as you shall see.

Long long ago when the world was much younger, my Person was not so big and old as she is now. In fact she was just a little girl. She used to go to work with her papa and she thought he was the most important person in the world and his job the most important job on the world.

Now before you think that I feel the same as that about my Person, let me assure you that I do not! Nor do I think I am her child or she my parent. I am my own individual doggie self. And a grown-up little dog to boot. But today, my Person took me to work with her! And it was very exciting. I wore my best red suit. You know which one - it is the one I wear every day. Even though I had to sit in the car and couldn't go into the building, I am sure my role was critical, and my contribution an important one.

After the meeting, the other consultant came out with my Person to the car to see me and guess what? He was a dog also - a Ted dog, and a Yorkie. He actually went into the meeting and sat at the table and I bet the other meeting goers attended to his ideas even as they would have mine. But the most amazing thing about Ted was his size. He is the size of my head! How does an entire dog fit into a space so small?

This was all so exhausting that I had to take a nap when we got back home. I didn't know working was this hard. And I hope my schedule doesn't get too booked up with meetings in the future!

No comments: