Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Serious stuff


This was a seriously windy day. The newly thawing ground is getting dry looking already and the branches are blowing around like they are bewitched. The river water was so wildly windblown it had little white caps riding on it and when I jumped in and out I was dry again almost before I got wet.

Some other serious stuff happened today besides the wind. While out for my romp my Person and I came across another Person who had found an injured squirrel and of course my Person wanted to take it to the Wildlife Rehabilitation Center to get helped. I personally opposed this plan until she reminded me that someone intervened on my behalf when I was a lost little red dog. And as my Best Friend later pointed out, the only way I will have squirrels to bark at is if there are squirrels around. So off we went with a sad and sickly squirrel to the WRC and I hope it makes its way back to health and its home. But next time I see it I will still bark at it!

No comments: