Sunday, April 4, 2010





Well, when it comes down to it, who cares about tulips! It is spring and if the wild flowers are up so am I. And the wild flowers are up - the bloodroot flowers were waving their petals at the sun today.

What a joy this time of year is! The birds that flew south for the winter are slowly winding their way up the mighty Mississippi River valley. Phoebes and bluebirds are back and there are freshly hatched little insects flying around for them to eat - just in time dining! And speaking of dining I ate my share of greening grass today.

Tomorrow I start my annual bluebird trail monitoring duties. Good thing I don't have to wear a uniform because I filled out a little this winter. I think that Tasha stole some of my exercise time. But look at me and my exercise program - I'm going to roll and shake until I am in summer shape!

No comments: