Sunday, May 16, 2010

Patience


I can be a very patient dog. And I have been getting a lot of practice lately. I think I am some sort of regional model for patience in dogs.

Not that I want to be. Oh no, I'd much rather be running around, chasing down my enemies and frenemies alike, or setting off on adventures and riding shot gun as is appropriate for a valiant and watchful dog like me.

But no, I sit and wait by the gate and my Person buzzes around with a frantic manner, doing goodness knows what useless things and tapping away on her keyboard. She seems to have forgotten the things that make life worthwile, like lying in the grass and snapping at bees, napping in the sun, chasing squirrels, stealing snacks....though I think she has easier access to snacks than I do. Then again I always find snacks on walks and she never does.

What she lacks in natural wisdom she make up in diligence and at some point she always remembers that it is time to walk the little red dog. Remember him? He's waiting by the gate, very patiently.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hola, Finn:
Do you realize it's been almost a full month since your last post??? People will stop remembering to check up on the little Red Dog unless he keeps us informed about what's he's been up to!
For instance, you've been on lots of walks, I know you have--what have you been seeing? And hey, I know you don't like to talk about him, but how is Adric doing??
Just some thoughts, things you could be mentioning . . .
We're starved for Red Dog news out here, so let's get it going!!
Cheers,
Your St. Paul pal