Thursday, January 28, 2010

Seeking warmth


There is this old saying that the January sun is a warming one, making the cold days of winter bearable. For in the far north, sunshine and extreme cold seem to be winter's favorite pairing. But it is hard to consider January sun a warming influence when it is below zero outside and the birds are puffed up like feather dusters and the snow sounds like styrofoam when you walk on it and the hairs on your chinny chin chin freeze into a frost beard while you root around on the ground for the interesting edibles that nature always provides for a keen-eyed and keen-nosed little red dog.

However, if you are in your Person's house and find a patch of January sun shining away, it is indeed warming. And here I will lie, warming myself and finding that I agree with that old saying so long as I am safely inside!

3 comments:

Mary Beth said...

Finnegan -
Why can't you snuggle with your frenemy?

Kim Gordon said...

My frenemy says "I am so angry..." so I don't get too close!

Mary Beth said...

This is called "icing the shooter" in basketball.